ICT EXPO ETHIOPIA is Ethiopia’s largest and most extensive ICT Exhibition, Conference, and Summit.
ICT Expo Ethiopia is where established technology service vendors, private and public sector decision makers, integrators, and users of ICT technology for business or public good—as well as disruptive startups with unique solutions—come together to create important networks and build valuable partnerships.
From enterprise solutions to large telecom operators, ICT Expo Ethiopia brings the latest technology innovations to benefit organizations operating or planning to engage in the expanding Ethiopian market. The Expo serves as a catalyst for collaboration and coopetition between foreign and local technology companies and a multitude of partners in the ICT ecosystems.
The event combines unrivaled conference content with a major exhibition and a well-crafted networking opportunity.
As Africa’s diplomatic capital—and a rising conference tourism destination—enchanting Addis Ababa provides the appropriate setting for business travelers and those curious to explore the opportunities of the wider Ethiopian market.
|Length of Event||5 days|
|Dates||Wednesday June 28, 2017 – Sunday July 2, 2017|
|Location of the Event||Millennium Hall|
|Panel Discussions||Millennium Hall|
|Entrance Fee||Free and accessible to all for Exhibition but Conferences, opening and Closing ceremony to be accessible for invited guests only|
There will be distinct zonal areas at the event.
Zone 1, ICT Software Zone
- The ICT Software zone contains SW developers and solution providers from local and International companies
Zone 2, ICT Hardware Zone
- This area contains participants from International and local manufacturers and assemblers from TV, mobile, electronics and others as well as different locally based hardware importers and distributors
Zone 3, ICT Service Zone
- ICT consultants, ICT service providers and other related companies from local and International will be included in this service zone
Zone 4, Government Zone
- Different Government offices located in this area to showcase their ICT products and services
Zone 5, Academia and Research Zone
- Universities, research and training centers, International certificate providers training center and other related companies categorized in this zone
Zone 6, Startup zone
- Companies that are being incubated will be in this zone
Zone 7, Food and Refreshments
Zone 8, Conference/Workshops Zone
A new venue that is convenient, multi-functional, has unique opportunities for networking, and engaging decision makers and customers: Expo at the Millennium Hall.
Put yourself at the cutting edge of ICT product and services for Ethiopia and wider Africa market. The Expo has goals to help:
1. Accelerate the use of ICT and the uptake of services enabled by the government’s considerable investments in Telecoms & ICT infrastructure
A ‘Government of Ethiopia ‘Pavilion’ hosting exhibitions, videos and demonstrations from a variety of government departments covering key ICT initiatives. The objective will also be achieved by the inclusion of an ‘Opening Ceremony’ including keynote addresses illustrating major public sector initiatives to the media and VIP guests. Sections will be hosted by MCIT and other national stakeholders where there will be facilities for demonstrating key initiatives and government service enabled by ICT.
2. Inform ICT leaders from National Businesses and Government Ministries, Agencies and Departments, of the latest developments and best practices with regards to ICT architecture and Services
Achieved through the coordinated invitation of ICT leaders from the public and private sectors of Ethiopia. CEOs, CIOs, CTOs, Heads of IT Departments etc. will be invited to attend the Exhibition Space, Workshops, VIP meeting, Conference, and Networking areas. Workshops will take place at pre-defined times over the course of the five-day expo and VIP meeting areas will be available for the duration of the event.
3. Provide a platform for National ICT Innovators, Students and SME organizations to share their findings and make valuable connections
Achieved through a half day ‘Innovation’ conference program allowing the students and innovators with a platform to showcase their findings and innovations. The interactive program will be attended by invited VIPs and will be followed by meeting opportunities. Expo will include awards to recognize innovation and excellence.
4. Attract investors to identify national investment opportunities and support growth within the Private Sector
Achieved by inviting key members of the international investment and business communities to attend a dedicated ‘Invest in Ethiopia Lounge’ showcasing national investment and business opportunities. An investment showcase/workshop will be hosted during the event where national investment opportunities will be presented along with an overview of the National Incentive options for companies interested in investing or setting up Business Operations/ Regional Headquarters in Ethiopia.
5. Attract international Technology solution providers to provide solutions to Ethiopian Public and Private Sectors
Achieved through the hosting of a major exhibition, featuring the very best, international and local solution providers. Invited solution providers will represent the following solution areas; Connectivity, Value Added Services, Cloud, Devices, Security, Consultancy, Software and Hardware solutions among others. The opportunity to host workshop sessions will also be made available to solution providers.
Millennium Hall Addis Ababa
It is considered that the Millennium Hall in Addis Ababa is the ideal location to host such an event with ample space available for exhibition space, conference/ workshop facilities and VIP meeting spaces. The venue would also have the capacity to add further value added features for next year’s event and to expand the exhibition space allowing for anticipated expansion in future years. The millennium Hall sprawls across 87, 000sqm of landscape with an indoor space of 20,000sqm offering a huge expo hall that stretches up to 50,000sqm with three conference rooms, parking facilities, round the clock security and much more. In addition, the hall is conveniently located just five minutes away from the Addis Ababa Int’l Airport.